How to Clean UTV Windshield
We get a lot of dirt on our windshields from the trail—mud, dust, water, bugs, sap. We want you to enjoy your riding experiences to the fullest. Additionally, we want you to remain safe on the trail. Because you need to be able to see in order to do that, you will need to clean your windshield quite frequently.You know that your windshield is tough because you've seen it survive repeated hits from rocks and branches, but did you know that cleaning it should be done with care? If you don't clean your windshield properly, you run the risk of causing a lot of permanent damage. Learn how to clean your UTV's windshield in this blog.
The most popular UTV windshields on the market are made from one of three products: glass, acrylic, or polycarbonate.
Take, for instance, the polycarbonate windshield, which makes up the majority of windshields on the market.
What is polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate is a colorless, transparent, amorphous thermoplastic material; it is used in UTV windshields because it is 25 times stronger than PMMA and 250 times stronger than glass, more impact resistant and more flexible. As an added bonus, it does a good job of isolating and sealing the cab. This all counts when you're on the go. the
The windshield material of Starknightmt is high-quality polycarbonate with double-sided hard coating.
You can keep your windshield clean without scratching it or reducing its lifespan by following our suggestions.
Basic items for cleaning UTV windshield:
- Warm water
- Squirt bottle
- Clean microfiber cloth
- Gentle dish soap or baby shampoo
Some items to avoid:
- Ammonia containing cleaners (such as Windex or 409)
- Automotive rain repellents.
- Abrasive or alkaline cleaners
- Brushes, steel wool or other abrasive materials.
- Squeegees, razor blades or other sharp instruments
- Do not clean the windshield when it is dry
- Don’t wipe in circles
Steps for cleaning the UTV windshield.
- Rinse the windshield with clean water in advance to remove the dirt on the surface, do not wipe the windshield directly without spraying, rubbing the windshield full of grit will only cause scratches and damage.
- Gently clean the windshield with a microfiber cloth and mild soap or baby shampoo. Never use circular motions when cleaning polycarbonate
- Rinse the windshield with clean water to remove all soap and residual grime
- Dry with a soft cloth or chamois to prevent water spots.
The above tips will help you to clean your windshield safely. You put a lot of time to pick the right one, we all want it to last and hopefully this blog will help you keep your windshield clean.